Not all of us have the opportunity to need a real scarecrow. Sure, I live a stone’s throw away from corn and cotton fields, but in my little manicured neighborhood, we don’t have to worry too much about crows.
Scarecrows are always one of those quintessential signs of the Fall season to me, though. So, even though we don’t have trees that change colors or real pumpkin patches down here in Austin, I figured that I could at least have my own version of a scarecrow – an Urban Scarecrow Wreath. I think it’s so fun, so I put together a tutorial so this fall wreath could be replicated. It is really simple to put together.
For this tutorial, you only need a few items:
- Foam wreath form
- Old shirt
- Straight pins
- Fake crow
- Fake gourds
- Hot glue gun and glue
1. Begin by cutting your old shirt across the body, underneath the arms. Keep the extra fabric that you cut off. I used an XL men’s shirt that I picked up at Goodwill. I specifically wanted a plaid one in autumn colors, but any color or print would do.
2. Wrap the bottom center of your shirt (where the buttons are) around the back of your wreath. and put a few pins in the styrofoam wreath.
欧美图亚洲色另类偷偷自拍_欧美成年性色生活片_欧美A一片3. Wrap the from part around the front of the wreath so that it covers the raw edge and pins of the bottom of the shirt. Put a few straight pins under the collar so they are hidden when the collar is folded down.
4. Next, wrap the extra fabric up and over the back of the wreath, pull it tight and pin into place. It should make sense when you do it, as you are trying to cover the wreath in the shirt fabric.
欧美图亚洲色另类偷偷自拍_欧美成年性色生活片_欧美A一片5. Then, pull the front part of the shirt up and over where you just pinned, covering both the pins and the styrofoam. Pin that into place with a pin right across from the sleeve.
6. Repeat this process for the other side of the shirt.
欧美图亚洲色另类偷偷自拍_欧美成年性色生活片_欧美A一片7. Now, take that extra shirt piece that you cut off and pin it to the bottom of the wreath. Make sure that the buttons on the top of your wreath line up with the buttons on the bottom. I wrapped the top of mine around the back and pinned it (shown below). Then, I wrapped the bottom around the back, pulled it tight and pinned it. Cut off the extra fabric once it’s pinned on the back.
8. Wrap the sleeves around and around the wreath so that all of the stryrofoam is now covered. You can pin them on the back and inside the cuffs so that the pins won’t show. On one side, I had to put a twist in the sleeve on the back of the wreath so that the cuff buttons would be facing out.
欧美图亚洲色另类偷偷自拍_欧美成年性色生活片_欧美A一片How cute would this be with a tie on the neck hanging down in the open part of the wreath for Father’s Day? Adorable!
That’s the end of the detailed “steps.” The next part is where you get to get creative!
I took a pair of Tom’s old jeans and cut one of the legs off, right under the seat. I cut that leg long ways so that I had 2 long pieces of denim. I knotted them and then hung the long strip just like I hang wreaths with a long piece of ribbon.
欧美图亚洲色另类偷偷自拍_欧美成年性色生活片_欧美A一片I cut some handfulls of raffia and hot glued them inside the collar and cuffs. Yes, you will likely burn your fingers a bit in the process – but it’s worth it. The more haphazard your raffia “hay” is, the more awesome it will look.
欧美图亚洲色另类偷偷自拍_欧美成年性色生活片_欧美A一片I hot glued a few more pieces of raffia on the bottom of the wreath and then glued a little fake pumpkin and a little gourd beside it. Then, I hot glued this cute crow on top of the pumpkin. I bought the crow and gourds at Michael’s. The Dollar Tree also has crows, but all of the ones I found looked like they had mange.
欧美图亚洲色另类偷偷自拍_欧美成年性色生活片_欧美A一片The end result is my urban scarecrow – Plaid shirt + jeans + hay. Way more fun and funky than old clothes draped across a broomstick, right?